Monday, January 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, January 19, 2009

Outside my window...the rain drips from the pines

I am thinking...that today is going to be a good one

I am thankful for...my family, and for this extra day with my children before they go back to school

From the learning rooms...we are planning for next school year, when we'll begin homeschooling

From the kitchen...coffee is waiting to be brewed

I am wearing...a gown and my soft, cozy robe

I am creating...a plan for my children's education

I am going...nowhere today, I'm content to stay warm inside with my babies

I am reading...homeschool catalogs

I am hoping...that #3 gets an appointment soon

I am hearing...#3 playing with our chihuahua

Around the house...weekend clutter is lying a bout waiting to be picked up

One of my favorite things...extra days off from school for my kids

A few plans for the rest of the week: decluttering and researching curricula

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




Visit The Simple Woman's Day Book
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Aisling said...

beautiful picture thought.

Paula said...

Enjoy the day with your kids! :)

Siti said...

What a comforting thought!

an ideal place for a mother to be at home with the loved ones!
Well done..
and enjoy it!

Jen said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I remember the anticipation of starting our homeschool 3 years ago. Good luck on your homeschool journey. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely picture! I enjoyed reading your Daybook! I've been homeschooling for over 16 years now - it's worth it! :)

Emmett McCarty Cullen said...

Wonderful daybook entry.

We've been discussing taking the plunge and homeschooling. We haven't decided yet, I doubt myself and my abilities. Good for you for doing it!

Have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

Homeschooling is a wonderful adventure. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I love your picture thought, too...roses are some of my favorites.

So glad you are planning to homeschool...

I enjoyed your daybook and checking out your blog.

You stopped by my blog today...I think having chickens makes life sweeter. I hope you get another chance to raise them.

busymama said...

Congrats on your decision to home school...it is well worth it! If you don't have it yet, you should go to http://www.rainbowresource.com and request a catalog. They will send you a very thick, full-of-most everything catalog. It is as thick as our yellow pages! No joke!

Blessings,
Mary

A happy heart at home said...

What a gorgeous photo! I've been blessed to be able to stay home with the younger two of my babies and homeschool them. My children are now 32 (lives in another state), 19 (going to school in another state), and 15 (still at home and homeschooling). Nice to 'meet' you through your daybook.

~Susan

The Witches Room said...

My son has not even been born yet but I'm already researching educational options. I'm leaning towards Waldorf or Montessori but I'd love to stay tuned to hear about your homeschooling experience.

Melissa said...

What a sweet post! Best of luck with homeschooling.