Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, January 26, 2009

Outside my window...6 pine trees lay on the ground, cut into pieces

I am thinking...that God is good!

I am thankful for...my family, and for God's hand in everything we do

From the learning rooms...still preparing for homeschool next year

From the kitchen...dinner is in the fridge, chicken and rice I made last night

I am wearing...jeans and a t-shirt and nothing on my feet

I am creating...a comfortable home for my family by getting rid of clutter

I am going...nowhere until school gets out

I am reading...The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd, and homeschool catalogs

I am hoping...that my step-mom hears good news from the doctor today

I am hearing...the hum of the computer

Around the house...I've accomplished much over the weekend

One of my favorite things...weekends with my mom

A few plans for the rest of the week: more decluttering and deep cleaning

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




Visit The Simple Woman's Day Book
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

momofmhasr said...

At least you still haev lots of other trees :)

mary grace said...

Sorry about that tree. I hate to lose a tree. :-)

Anonymous said...

We lost almost all of our trees over the past three years...many to Katrina and the rest to a chemical spill train derailment. I miss my trees. About the only thing we have left are a few tall pines. I feel for you.

I enjoyed your daybook...it sounds like you are getting closer and closer to your goal of simplicity.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm in a decluttering mood too. Have a blessed week with your family.

carrhop said...

Beautiful--and so glad to get to know you!

Blessings!

Emily said...

How did your tree fall down?? That is too bad. It looks very pretty there :)

maryjack said...

We're in the process of taking all the pines down. They're all dying thanks to the pesky pine beetle. And they're dying FAST. It's heartbreaking!