Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook







FOR TODAY April 20, 2009

Outside my window... the lawn has been mowed, my garden is looking sad, and I see a cloudy sky promising rain.

I am thinking... about our country, and how to best prepare my children for the future.

I am thankful for... God's blessings.

From the learning rooms... not much, still planning for next year. We've decided to send #2 and #3 to the brand new elementary school in our neighborhood next year. If we don't like it, we'll bring them home. We're still planning on homeschooling #1 and T, my nephew.

From the kitchen...the beginning of a nice stockpile. Tons of pasta and cereal bought for a song with coupons.

I am wearing...yoga pants and a tee

I am creating... a plan, as always. This one includes sending myself back to school.

I am going... only to pick up the kids this afternoon. All errands will wait for Friday.

I am reading... Stephen King's From A Buick 8, still. Almost done, though.

I am hoping... that I'm making the right choices for my family. My heart tells me I am.

I am hearing... the TV from the den, just background noise.

Around the house... several new games and activity sets for the kids, given to us by a friend, waiting to be be put away.

One of my favorite things... weekend Wii bowling tournaments with my mom! So much fun.



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



#2 being way too nice at her Taekwondo belt test Saturday.



Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a great photo of number 2. I do have a question, why home school some, and send others to school?

maryjack said...

We have two brand new schools: elementary and high school. The middle school has yet to be built, and being 8th graders, the older two would be going to schools I find unacceptable. So, home school for now. And for the little ones, it's a trial to see if we like it, too.